Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015

We began class with 15 minutes of independent reading time. I used that time to finish Dave Burgess' Teach Like a Pirate. I don't read professional books as often as I should, but this one was pretty good--especially Part 3! Now I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

Today is National Letter Writing Day, so I asked students to write a letter to a character from their book for their Writer's Notebook entry today. I'll be checking notebooks on Friday.

We used the remaining class time to review openings and closings, then students used all of the knowledge we've gathered over the last week to write a full essay in response to a STAAR-style prompt. Students who didn't finish in class today will have time tomorrow.

Don't forget to turn in the "Messages" essay revision to Classroom today! Turn in your rubric by tomorrow.

First and 2nd periods will meet in room 2500 tomorrow.

Today's Board

No comments:

Post a Comment