Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 26, 2015

We started class with a vocab entry in our Writer's Notebook. Students chose a word from their summer reading novel, copied the sentence where the word appeared and cited the source, and provided the appropriate definition. We'll add a vocab word or two to our notebooks each Wednesday.

I shared my favorite read from the summer, Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman. You can see other books I've read if you follow me on GoodReads.

For the remaining time in the class, students reflected on their own summer reading then ranked each book in order from most difficult to least difficult. While they worked on that, I went around the room and talked with each student about the book they chose to annotate (I wasn't able to visit with everyone in 2nd and 3rd period, so I'll continue the process tomorrow). Students who didn't complete the work in class were to finish it as homework and turn it in tomorrow.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment